Header Attribution

The header photo is a wall in the Depot Art District in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Meaningful Mural - Street Art #38

 


I took this photo on March 22, 2021.

This mural is beautifully created. The artistry is magnificent!

The meaning of the red handprint on the woman's mouth is to bring attention to the crisis of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women.

I had previously taken a picture of this wall on December 18, 2018.

I think at the time I was just interested in the "abandoned cafe" aspect of the building.





4 comments:

  1. WOW what a way to say it. Very good post.
    Sherry & jack in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a powerful mural calling attention to the Native women murdered and disappeared. That is a real problem here in South Dakota, but the media seems to have ignored the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I guess the media definitely picks and chooses what they want to cover.

    ReplyDelete