Header Attribution

The header photo is a wall in the Depot Art District in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award!

OK.
Being a relative novice at blogging,
I couldn't figure how to share this news
other than just straight up posting it.

has graciously honored me with
The Stylish Blogger Award!
Thank you so much, Mike!
I am amazed, surprised, delighted, and otherwise
driven to goofy facial expressions
that convey alternating shades of
disbelief, pride, happiness,
and overall pshaw-ness.


I must say I am truly honored!
AND
this award comes with some
delightfully FUN
rules.

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
DONE.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.
BELOW.

3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
[Do I have to ask their permission first?
I didn't.
Be happy imminent awardees!]
BELOW.

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
IMMINENT.

Allrighty, then.
Seven things about myself:
Ahem.

1. I am a musician and music fanatic.  I listen to nearly all types of music from classic jazz to rock to hiphop.  I have a collection of recordings that numbers in the thousands.  Recently finished digitizing about 1500 audiotapes; am currently working on digitizing close to 3000 vinyl LPs (visit one of my other blogs - FastEddie's Wax Museum).

2. I am a (formerly professional) linguist.  I have studied and achieved varying levels of proficiency in Spanish, French, Greek, Chinese, Korean, Bahasa Malay, and Hebrew.

3. I have been married continuously to the same fabulous woman for over thirty-seven (37) years. YAY!

4.  I have a pug named Bossley.  He is awesome.  He was preceded by our previous pug, Borgnine.

5. I have lived in 53 different domiciles in my life, in ten different US states and three other countries.

6. I REALLY LIKE peanut butter.

7. I once wanted to "through-hike" the Appalachian Trail until I read a hiker's blog in which he told a story of waking up with a mouse on his face nibbling on his lip (he forgot to wash off his sunscreen before he went to sleep).

Whew!

And here are the fifteen GREAT BLOGGERS (it was harder than I thought it would be to limit it to fifteen; I've seen A LOT of great blogs recently!):

[btw, these are in no particular order]
















Whew, again, with FEELING!

Thanks again to Mike!

I encourage y'all to go check out these great blogs.  I've been enjoying them greatly!




11 comments:

  1. Oh cheers to you!!!! Well-deserved, my stylish blogger friend! I always love your photos as well as your tidbit stories and appreciate when you comment at my place too!

    Wow! A very accomplished linguist! I'm impressed! And even more impressive is your wonderful marriage to a (obviously wonderful) woman. And pugs! And world traveler! A very stylish man, indeed!

    Congrats to you and all of your awardees! I follow Eyeliquor and adore him too. I'll check in at the other sites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! And, interesting facts. I also have a habit of collecting music. I have about 6,000 tracks so far.
    I'll have to take a look at those other blogs. Good stuff!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ed,
    My days are getting better and better!
    You just gave me the icing on the cake!!
    Shots that Snap, not only brings cool and unique and creative photography!
    But the way you write down your stories, make you want to Snap! right back here on a daily basis!
    Right now i have to Snap! over to FastEddie's Wax Museum..to see what treasures i might find there!
    A BIG thank you!! Ed!
    Life is Good!
    Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend :))

    Eyeliquor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for recognizing my blog. I really enjoy just fooling around with the camera.

    Getting more into blogging and "advertising" my photos is one (on a short list) of resolutions for 2011. Not only have I been sticking to it, but I have gotten to look at many, many wonderful photos on others sites...like yours at Shots That Snap!

    Kudos to you for the Sylish Blogger Award and thanks for thinking of my site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again, Mike.

    And thank you to texwisgirl and Clint!

    And you're very welcome and thank you for the kind words to Eyeliquor and Photogal!!

    It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, thanks for thinking of me and awarding me the honor, Boromax! And I like the Ed Boring credo. That is wonderfully plain spoken and logical, but full of heart and sense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. now I have to visit the other winners! Well, I see V in there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for the award! I am very honored. You are a very intelligent person to have accomplished so much in life. very impressive. I will proudly put the award on my site soon. and will be visiting the other nominees as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a painter..but, I paint.
    I'm not a chef..but, I cook.
    I'm not a photographer..but, I take photographs


    Thank you for the award. So, humbled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ken, Doreen, Laurie, you are all most welcome, and thank you for visiting and commenting.

    All o' y'all are what is wondrous about this bloggin' phenom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am honored to know you appreciate my blog. Please forgive me but I will have to pass on passing it on. There are simply too many excellent blogs to choose some but not all. This certainly does not say that I am not very pleased to be selected. You do have a very stylish blog and I will continue to enjoy it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete