Header Attribution

The header photo is a wall in the Depot Art District in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Where the Grizzlies Play



Illustrious, much-maligned Fresno.
California's Cleveland.
But Fresno has a minor league baseball team!
The Fresno Grizzlies!


These photos were taken at Chukchansi Park,
the Grizzlies' home stadium.

Took me a minute to trace back to the source of the windmill shadow.


This is about as majestic as the Fresno skyline gets.
Nevertheless, we know and love our recognizable local skyscrapers!


"Chukchansi" is essentially one of the sixty (60) Yokuts tribes of First Nations peoples.


Could not resist trying to get a decent shot of this old-style fire escape.
The shadows were particularly striking.
Not sure I captured it as well as I wanted.

These photos were taken in August 2016.




6 comments:

  1. I lived in Cleveland for a few years and enjoyed watching the Indians play in the old Memorial Stadium. But to be honest, I enjoy minor league baseball more. I also enjoyed your photos very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, George! Cleveland is COLD in the winter. Ugh.

      Delete
  2. Fine urban landscape photos. Love the windmills shadow in the shot with the red barn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urban Landscape. I like it. Fresno is a fair-sized city (>500K), but it is all about "Ag."

      Delete
  3. Funny, I have only ever driven through Fresno. Never stopped. Maybe next time I am that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely building shot . Please tell something about my captures on my blog.

    ReplyDelete