Header Attribution

The header photo is a wall in the Depot Art District in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Basking Harbor Seals


Monterey, CA, July 2016

I admit this is not the most eye-popping photo of basking harbor seals ever.
I casually snapped this photo through a restaurant window with my phone.

One of favorite places to go out for a meal when we lived in Monterey was El Torito.

It offered good food, an amazing view of the Bay, and (wonder of wonders)
free parking.

The huge windows of El Torito always provided views of seals and sea gulls;
usually sea lions, cormorants, egrets, and sea otters;
occasionally dolphins and whales.

4 comments:

  1. California does have an amazingly rich coast. I never tire watching seals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, neither (either?). Now that we have moved inland, we do not see it near enough, though.

      Delete
  2. Funny thing - when I saw the photo small (before clicking on it), the rock appeared to me to be a seal (walrus ?) facing right. Nice that lunch is served with a great view !

    ReplyDelete