Header Attribution

The header photo is a wall in the Depot Art District in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Friday, August 31, 2018

Lathy Days

Here is something utterly mundane.
In one of our previous residences, there was this fashionable divider
between the dining room and the den.


"Back in the day"
- say, fifty to seventy years ago -
this type of lathed balustrade was indeed fashionable.
On all of today's home improvement / designer shows,
this detail would be lamented as "dated."

I like it.

But then I guess I am a bit "dated" myself.

6 comments:

  1. you are never too dated to apreciate a fashionable divider :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the perspective in the composition of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TFG. Honestly, I think I was just documenting the new residence, and I thought the angle might be better than a straight on view, which would have shown the empty room beyond... I dunno. Anyway, thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. I like it, too! And, I'm old, too!

    ReplyDelete