Header Attribution

The header photo is a wall in the Depot Art District in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Friday, April 15, 2011

A Road Less Traveled... Lately

I'm taking a bit of a risk here
because I do not know the story behind the place
in the following photographs.
But I found the visual parable
SO compelling...




Below this broken sign
is a gate
closed,
chained,
locked.
And the view past the locked gate:



...a languishing path...

...to a house of faith:



A closer look reveals
broken windows,
failing shingles,
grafitti...



Is our world becoming
a wilderness of abandoned faith?


Taken 7 February 2011.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful & special post!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah. Faith is inside of us, not just inside a building... :) That's what we have to keep alive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love pictures that suggest any number of possible stories behind them. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Clint. I think pictures should, in some cases, make one think of what if or was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very thought provoking post....love it..!

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really well done! I'm noticing some of the money making Churches are having a hard time. But true faith is thriving. God uses the simple to shame the wise- faith is alive and well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, it's a good question...
    I think the faith will not vanish...
    have a great week

    ReplyDelete