Header Attribution

The header photo is a wall in the Depot Art District in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Les Lumieres


Any guesses?

I was shooting directly up
into a lit chandelier
in a mirrored
passageway
in a hotel in DC.

Light,
mirrors,
topsy-turvy,
carpet patterns,
columns, bannisters,
geometry, lines, bevels.

I did not use the flash
because of the mirrors.

Below is my unretouched photo.

I don't usually "adjust" the pics I post
except for a bit of occasional
creative zooming and cropping.

On this one I adjusted the brightness
to see if the mirrors on the ceiling and walls would appear.
They did, and
SURPRISE!
so did the carpet and columns and bannisters.

Fun.

And a little disorienting.




Taken on 15 November 2010.

2 comments:

  1. the soft glow in the natural light is beautiful, but like you said, so much other stuff is lost w/o the BRIGHT light!

    ReplyDelete