Header Attribution

The header photo is a wall in the Depot Art District in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fabric Pattern #2


For some reason that is utterly
obscure to me now
I imagined that the paper clip
would add interest
to this photograph.
Or maybe I was just taking a picture
of the paper clip
thinking I could crop the photo
in some fascinating manner
before I shared it.
Whatever.
(as "they" say)
The fabric itself
is exponentially more interesting
than the paper clip.
However,
if you don't mind my saying,
having a perfectly unabridged
paper clip
in the middle of my
"fabric pattern"
is
at the very least
an ice breaker.
And for all you tens of paper clip enthusiasts out there
the paper clip itself
cries out,
"Believe in me!
Trust me!
Own me!"

Right?

Or
maybe it is a completely
disastrous
pathetic
paltry
silly
and otherwise misconceived
photo.

Anyway, I like the color and pattern of the fabric.
So, please try to ignore the paper clip.
Or sublimate.
Look BEYOND the paper clip.

As I said earlier,
"Whatever."

Taken 8 October 2010.
Because it matters!

4 comments:

  1. Too funny! Or poignant! I can't decide which!

    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog today! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold steel against textured soft warmth...a marriage of two opposites...whatever. I do love your humorous commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colour and pattern too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What took my interest before opening the photo was the clip! You have a very nice blog........youu'll see me over here!

    ReplyDelete